With an innate eye for design and over 25 years of diverse experience
designing and managing complex residential and hospitality projects,
Wendy Lloyd embraces the vision of each client
and possesses the expertise to make that vision a reality
Beginning at an early age, Wendy was fascinated by all things design. Growing up in a family furniture business, Wendy was quickly enamored with color, texture, and pattern. This early interest ultimately led to a career that has truly been a creative journey. Wendy’s formal design career began in Harvard Square, Cambridge working for an architect, while attending Rhode Island School of Design’s Interiors Program. A short time later, she relocated to Los Angeles joining UCLA’s accredited Interior and Environmental Design Program. She also began working with a preeminent hospitality firm, James Northcutt Associates.
Upon graduating in 1992, Wendy worked for several top design firms in Los Angeles, including Erika Brunson Design Associates, Maude McGillivray and Barbara Barry, designing everything from large-scale estates to charming bungalows. She was also afforded the opportunity to travel internationally to London, Paris, Beirut, and Riyadh for her work, further diversifying her experience.
After 10 years in Los Angeles, Wendy relocated to San Francisco to serve as Senior Designer for the highly prestigious firm, Tucker & Marks. There she was charged with multiple, large-scale residential projects throughout the Bay Area. She then joined the interiors firm, Jane Antonacci as Senior Designer and continued her work on various Bay Area residences.
Eventually returning to the East Coast, Wendy joined Kelley Interior Design in Washington DC, designing multiple residences in Maryland, Virginia, and The District of Columbia.
Offering clients one-of-a-kind solutions with a vast network of sources, craftspeople, and artisans both near and far.
As a full-service firm, Wendy Lloyd offers interior design services for projects of every scale.
- Client consultation and information gathering, space planning, furniture layout, lighting plan.
- Selection and specification of furniture, lighting, fabrics, flooring, fixtures, finishes, and accessories.
- Custom furniture, window treatments, and millwork design.
- Presentation color and material boards and renderings.
- Preparation of FFE specifications & finish schedules.
- Inventory and documentation of existing furniture.
- Budget development, refinement, and tracking.
- Collaboration with key partners such as architects, contractors, and landscape designers and architects.
- Ordering, tracking, inspection, and installation of all furniture, furnishings, fabrics, lighting, art, and accessories.
- Partnering with specialists such as art consultants, artists, relocation specialists, event planners, and others.